Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

On wake up printer panel lights up and displays HP logo & "black and white" barber pole pattern. Freezes at that point.

Does not go on to complete the process. I.e. doesn't get to where it displays copy/scan/print etc.

The buttons don't light up either & are inactive.

The (input) AC power lead is Ok. (Checked with a DVM). The green PSU LED (in the back of the printer) is on.

Naturally HP printer doctor untility cannot connect to the device, nor can I take if offline/online form the keyboard

Sounds like a PSU DC output issue? Device still under warranty. Is the returns process complicated?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mw_6

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Envy 5540 printer does not complete the wake up. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Perform hard reset on the printer.
  • Turn on the printer.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
  • Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, 

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SandyTech20,

No difference!

HP Recommended

Logged as a h/w fault. being replaced under warranty

HP Recommended

@mw_6

Hi,

as @sandytechy20 is out of the office, I'm replying to you. 

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate you choosing the correct option and utilising the warranty to get the product replaced. 

I'm positive things will be fine with the replacement unit. I thank you for your time and patience. 

Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.