Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer not connecting to WiFi

HP Recommended
HP 5520
Chrome OS

Hello,

I have an HP 5520 set up via WiFi to Chromebook. I was able to print documents previously. Now printer noted as 'Offline' and although I have checked that all WiFi settings on the printer are on, and I followed the Wireless Setup WIzard, I cannot get the computer to show that the printer is 'Online.' Also despite the WiFi being connected, the light to the left of the WiFi button is not on at all.

Another issue, while attempting everything to get online with printer, when the Wireless Setup WIzard asked for my Network Name, and instead of selecting the HOME name, I selected a broader, cable/internet name (Xfinity) to see if this would work and now the HOME name does not appear in the drop down list. I tried to re-enter the name, but it did not recognize it (even though I tried several variations, with dash, without dash, with number, without, etc.). Is there a way I can start over and have the printer recognize the Network Name again or how SPECIFICALLY do I enter the Network Name and what is the Pass Phrase the printer is requesting?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
99 99 9 19
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Zemke8,

To connect your printer online, you need to follow the Wireless Setup Wizard from your printer control panel. 

Generally speaking, you need to connect your printer to the same wireless network of your chromebook. When you have been asked to enter The Network Name in Wireless Setup Wizard, just enter the same SSID that your chromebook connected to the router. The wifi status of your chrome book is shown on  status bar, the bottom right corner of the chromebook display.

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation