Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (4,337 Views)

Printer not printing full page

Printer HP F4580

OS       Vista 

Connection  Wireless/USB Both

Issue  When I print a document it doesnt matter pdf/jpg/word or open office the printer chops the top 2-3 cm off the page and then of course leave the bottem 2-3 cm blanc.

I found the page setting were for letter 8.5*11'' I set them to A4 no difference.

I cleaned the  paper feed -nope

reinstalled the pirnter- nada

I aligned the print caterages it printed the alignment page the same 3cm too low which in turn I think has screwed up the scanner as it now scans pages missaglined to the left by 1 cm ie you scan an A4 page and the entire document is 1 cm wider so when you print it out the left side gets chopped off!  

This has already cost me dear as a boarding card printed on this machine had the flight details missing so I was denied boarding!!

I am out of ideas and i haven't got the time to mess for hours with this junk any help PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (4,282 Views)

Re: Printer not printing full page

Update After getting NO help from HP and on this forum and being unable to scan or print a document on this piece of crap for a month.

It has given me great pleasure to smash the printer into pieces the sound of breaking glass was music to my ears ( we have recently moved house and the receipt is lost so no refund available from the 5 month old printer.  

Over the last 3 years I have bought a HP desktop / Ext hard drive/ 2 laptops and this printer only the ext hard drive had not required a repair.  the two laptops both has factory faults thankfully under European law I was given a full refund  the desktop failed requiring a return and free repair and now this.... I am not a violent man but we all know to get anything repaired when its not your fault is a nightmare of paperwork taking up to 6 months. 

A hammer is SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT.

I declare I will NEVER buy HP ever again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation