Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Yes the printheads can be replaced if need be. There are a few things I'll have you try before that if it's doing the same thing to copies.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem ... I've an HP Officejet 6500 WIreless and after checking everything, including uninstalling and then reinstalling - I'm still only able to get the printer to print the color portion of ANY document ... I first ran into this problem this afternoon after attempting to print a report from Quickbooks ...     H-E-L-P!!!  I'm awaiting with 'baited' breath!!  Thank you so much!!!

HP Recommended
@dafortelka: If you make a copy, does it do the same thing?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Yes!!

HP Recommended
There are a few different things to try to get the printer printing black again. First run through the cleaning steps in the document linked below. If that doesn't work, move to doing a physical cleaning of the printhead outlined in Bob_Headrick's post below. If neither of those are working, you will need to either replace the printhead, or the printer. To get a replacement printhead you will need to contact HP. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

Black Ink Does Not Print on Alignment Page and Alignment Fails

Re: black ink not working

HP Technical Support Case Call Form
Signature
HP Recommended

After several head cleaning cycles the printer wasn't able to print correctly so I was dispirited and I suspended any other tentative to fix the problem.

After a few days I tried again to print and I was surprised to see the printer worked correctly printing the black in black.

Mistery  

HP Recommended

Rather than taking the printer apart, I put in on the ground and took a sledge hammer to it time after time ensuring my hapiness.

HP Recommended

Had the same problem with my HP Photosmart 7520. Word document printing in grayscale. Checked everything listed in the other comments except removing printhead. Soooo. Pulled my black cartridge and noticed that the "vent" tab was not completely removed. scraped away gently. BINGO! printing fine now.  

HP Recommended

Hello 

Please help

My printer is fairly new and all the ink levels are fine there is alot of ink still but for some reason my printer doesnt want to print in black 

Ive cleaned it manually and with all the settings and still nothing, it is not on grayscale and if i try scanning a copy of something it comes out totally fine but if i try printing from the internet or even from a word document it wont print in black just in grey 

please help me 

Just before this problem occured it was printing just fine 

printer: HP Photosmart 5510

HP Recommended
I am also having this issue. Photosmart premium c310 series. I'm rather frustrated as I can find no where to contact hp, not even to get a replacement printhead.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.