The HP Community is here for you.
11-22-2008 06:16 PM
My multifunction printer is HP Officejet Pro L7700.
In printer properties - under the 'advanced' tab, I have 'Mirror Image' set
However, if I make a change under the 'features' tab in pinter properties,
the 'Mirror Image' will change to ON, without me wanting it to.
How can I keep this from happening?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Printer properties keeps changing 'Mirror Image' option to ON
11-27-2008 07:17 AM
Welll guess what as I typed my last reply HP Support emailed to do the same thing:
Except you must uninstall the software first. This could be different for other printers.
I have an HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-One Printer
If you don't have your CD Software you can go to here to find your printer software & driver
Uninstall All-in-One software :
To completely uninstall the software, run the uninstaller at level three using these steps:
1. Turn the All-in-One off and disconnect any USB/Ethernet cable from All-in-One to computer.
2. Insert the all-in-one CD-ROM into the computer. Cancel any installation windows that appear.
3. Click Start on the taskbar and then click Run.
4. In the command box type the following command and press Enter key: X:\Util\CCC\Uninstall_L3.bat
(X: is the CD-ROM drive letter of that the all-in-one CD-ROM is in)
Re-install the All-in-One software:
1. Insert the software CD into the CD-ROM drive of the computer. The software installer starts automatically.
NOTE: The User Account Control screen might display. Click Continue .
2. Click Install on the Thank you for purchasing from HP! screen.
3. Click Next on the Welcome to the Install Wizard... screen.
4. Click Next on the Do Not Block HP Install Wizard Processes screen.
5. Select Yes or No on the Automatically Check For Updates screen and then click Next .
6. Select Recommended on the Installation Options screen, and then click Next .
7. Follow the instructions on the screen that displays to finish installing the software.
After installation is completed, restart the Computer to save the changes.
I will try this over the weekend.
11-23-2008 03:59 PM
11-23-2008 05:50 PM
11-25-2008 03:47 PM
11-25-2008 04:48 PM
11-25-2008 05:53 PM
I had to go into the advance tab on both the my laptop and my desktop (What changes did you make under the advanced tab?)
but I still think its the HP software update. (Which HP Software Update do you mean?)
Because my laptop was update to XP3 few months ago. (Do you mean Windows XP Service Pack 3?)
Thank you....this problem has me buffaloed!
11-27-2008 06:52 AM
I see you uninstalled XP Service Pack 3. I did not have to do that.
Please note that for some reason all the default setting have mirror on so you have to make custom settings.
All of my custom settings were OK.
(What changes did you make under the advanced tab?)
I setup two new custom setting.
1. Mirror-Off for regular printing Custom Setting.
a. Advance Tab: set the mirror setting to off
b. Shortcut Tab: Rename this custom setting to Mirror Off
2. Two-Side Printing
a. Shortcut Tab: set the everday printing to print to print two sided
b. Advance Tab: set the mirror setting to off
c. Shortcut Tab: Click Save and name it Two-Sided
(Which HP Software Update do you mean?)
I have my desktop setup to receive updates from HP.
(Do you mean Windows XP Service Pack 3?)
Yes - my laptop- I updated to XP3 when it first came out - a couple of months ago.
My desktop I did on the 24th of this month the same day HP updated its software.
You can update your computer to XP3 and then just make the custom printing.
I have contacted HP with this issue and suggest that they update the software and drivers for these printers.
There is a definite conflict with a driver or software.
Good luck and try again!
11-27-2008 06:56 AM
I did have one more thought. I didn't uninstall the printer and reinstall the printer.
That could of helped but I just thought of that. Sometimes that can correct a problem.
I will try that on my desktop and see what happens and report back but I won't be doing this until the weekend.