Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DeskjetD2460
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My windows 10 printer driver says it is correctly updated and HP doctor scanned but when I try to print it says it's ready but won't print. I have uninstalled and re-installed. Tried the USB in a different port, taken it off and put it back in, turned the printer on and off, enabled and disabled the firewall, but no joy.  Can anyoe solve this or do I have to buy a new printer thanks to the Windows 10 upgrade? I have checked the microsoft compatability centre which gives a tick to my Deskjet but a diffetent model number. The HP compatability table also says that there is an update driver but it hasn't worked for me, I have tried the full feature and the basic one. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED>

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @adele2,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I am having this issue too.  Any known solution?

HP Recommended

Same issue for me.  Printer was working fine, then today when attempting to print in Windows or Adobe, the print page indicates that the printer is "Ready" and Devices and Printers shows as the "Default Printer", but when attempt to print get message that the printer is not installed.  Tried installing latest Windows 10 updates (now am up to date), restarting computer several times and reinstalling the Printer Driver, same results.  Printer itself works, printed a test page and network shows printer is on network.  Tried running HP and Microsoft trouble shoots without any success.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi @Badger44,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums.  A very good day to you. 🙂  I understand that you require assistance regarding printing issues with the printer. It will be a delight to help you. 🙂

Spectacular troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did any software or windows update cause this to happen? Do you remember?
  • Did you try to run print and scan doctor utility to try and correct the issue?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the printer along with the version of the operating system.
  • Whether the Operating system windows 10 is 64 bit or 32 bit?

For a start please run the print and scan doctor utility from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861 

If this does not do the trick for you, please perform a complete uninstall by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 

Then please reinstall the full feature software from this link: http://hp.com/drivers choose the correct operating system and follow the on-screen instructions. This should do the trick for you.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So basically the answer is, uninstall and reinstall every time you want to print! This gets old.

HP Recommended

I ran the Print and Scan Doctor and that solved the problem.  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.