Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cinloc8 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer stays connected to WIFI 24/7

Officejet Pro 8630

I have Hughesnet internet service. I installed a new 8630 printer and now my internet exceeds allowable data usage. My other HP Officejet Pro did not do this. Must I keep my printer turned off between uses to avoid this? That would be a pain, I do a lot of printing. Is there a setting where I may tell it to go to sleep and not stay connected 24/7 unless there was a job? Does it keep talking to HP the whole time it is on? Appreciate the help...I am not very techy.

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2702 191 255
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cinloc8,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer dad=ta usage issue.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer connected to your network and it is causing your to exceed your data limit. I would like to help.

Have you enrolled the printer with the HP Instant Ink subscription service?

I will watch for your reply so I can assist you further. Please reply ate your convenience.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
cinloc8 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchase my ink through Staples with reward program. It is less expensive. Are you saying I might be in that program and the printer is always connected to it? I shut off the web services on the printer thinking that might be the issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2702 191 255
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cinloc8,

It was definitely the HP Web Services that would cause any kind of data usage by the printer. By turning it off you should not be seeing any data usage from the printer. 

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation