cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BCCentre
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer stuck on incoming fax

HP Recommended
MFP177fw

Our printer has been stuck on the first page of an incoming fax for over 24 hours. Tried unpluging both the power and fax lines multiple time over multiple hours, removed the ink cartridge & installed new drivers. Still stuck on the same screen, will not allow the unit to print, scan or fax.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,501
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BCCentre,

Good day!  Smiley Happy Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I read the post about fax and print issues with the computer. with the printer. I’ll be glad to assist you with this. Smiley Happy  

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. Smiley Happy You’ve done some fabulous diagnosis and super smart troubleshooting as well. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy

First off we need to diagnose correctly if the issue is hardware or software related.

Also, for better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you bypassed power strips and connected the printer directly to the wall outlet?
  • Did you make copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer?

For a start, please perform these steps.

• Please perform a hard reset.
  • Please make a few copies directly from the printer.
  • If it fails to copy, then the printer has a hardware issue.
  • If it copies fine, then restore factory defaults and reconfigure the fax setup.
  • That will do the trick for you.

How to perform hard reset: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m177-series/5303438/model/5303443/doc...

Reset the printer from this link.

How to copy:

• Please try to make a few copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer. Please place the required document face down on the flatbed scanner and touch the copy button. If it copies fine, then the issue could be software related.

How to restore factory defaults:

User guide link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03629244

Please visit page 73 for restoring factory defaults.

How to reconfigure fax setup:

• Please visit pages 41 to 47 to configure fax again on the computer.

Also. Perform the steps from this link “Color LaserJet Pro MFP 177fw Printer - Setting up the Printer to Send and Receive Faxes”: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m177-series/5303438/model/5303443/doc...

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply. Please perform all these steps diligently and patiently it should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation