cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
rari Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer unable to set on default

Installed new wireless printer Deskjet 2540 can print on Word but not Excel or Live Mail on Windows 7 and unable to set to Default.

Have removed all other print devices

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
6,684 6,075 339 866
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi rari,

Welcome to the HP Community! I will be happy to help with your printing issues. If Windows isn't setting default printer properly then let's start by removing the printer and reinstalling. Make sure that you deleted the printer from your Devices and Printers and then uninstall the software from your Programs and Features. Then do a clean install using either the CD or you can download the software from here.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
rari Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No reinstalling did not fix problem I still cannot make the printer a default printer(get error 0x00000709) or print from excel or livemail on windows 7

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,684 6,075 339 866
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi rari,

Thank you for that error code! I used that to find you a potential solution. Here is a link to a third-party site that will give you detailed instructions about fixing a registry entry that is causing the problem. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
rari Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes that worked thankyou

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation