Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same problem with Photosmart 5510.  Nothing in any previous suggestions has helped. 

HP Recommended
@ Suz39 - Is the Photosmart 5510 in warranty? If so follow the link in my previous post to be able to get in contact with HP Tech Support about this printer.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This solved my problem of Black not printing on HP Officejet 6310 Printer. You need to keep the cartridge print head for black ink in hot water for 2 minutes (dip only the bottom of the cartridge in water) and then take it out and dab with tissue paper to dry it. Put it back into the printer.. viola, it starts working.

The dipping in hot water causes cartridge printhead to hydrate. See this video how to clean cartridge printhead in hotwater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztl_SiUdPLw

HP Recommended
This solved my problem of Black not printing on HP Officejet 6310 Printer. You need to keep the cartridge print head for black ink in hot water for 2 minutes (dip only the bottom of the cartridge in water) and then take it out and dab with tissue paper to dry it. Put it back into the printer.. viola, it starts working.

The dipping in hot water causes cartridge printhead to hydrate. See this video how to clean cartridge printhead in hotwater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztl_SiUdPLw
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately the printhead in the 5510 does not come off.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the comments. I ended up going to the place on the printer that said to clean the print head and it worked, at least for now. If not, then I will try to clean it in the hot water. Thanks

HP Recommended

My Hp C309-m printer will not print black. New cartridges were installed yeaterday and the readings are showing full

HP Recommended

I tried what is written below.  I was hopeful, but it had no effect on this problem for my Photosmart C309g

" I looked at several blogs on the HP site which concerned problems similar to mine.  I combined several approaches and now have a printer that works correctly.  I removed the print head and soaked it  for three 5-minute cycles in hot (~170 F) distilled water about 3/4 inch deep with continuous mild agitation.  The first soaking quickly turned the water black, the second ended with the water a dark grey color, but the third rinse was nearly clear.  The hot distilled water dissolved the dried ink in the small ink passages from the cartridges to the ink ejection part of the print head.  I then carefully dried the print head as per instructions, cleaned the electrical contacts on the printer, and placed the print head and the ink cartridges in the printer.  I turned off the printer, then unplugged it for one minute.  I the plugged it in and turned it on, allowing it to print an alignment sheet.  Because some water remained in the ink passageways, the sheet had some blank areas but a homemade test sheet which has small samples of many color dots and words in every Word color was then printed with very good results.  The printer has now worked perfectly for a week."

HP Recommended

error 0xc19a0013 what is the problem

HP Recommended

Printer Model: HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310a

After I changed the black cartridge, I can't print anymore black pages from my computer (prints out blank page)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.