Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970

When printing, I only get color, no black print ... no recent changes, everything is up-to-date, the ink level shows the cartridge is still half full.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@TME15,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing black.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2sBAs3O

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply ... I did go through all the suggestions on the HP solution page for "Color or Black Ink Not Printing," and nothing worked ... I've also tried unplugging the printer, which also was not successful.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply ... I did go through all the suggestions on the HP solution page for "Color or Black Ink Not Printing," and nothing worked ... I've also tried unplugging the printer, which also was not successful.

HP Recommended

@TME15,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I recommend you try replacing the black cartridge and check if it helps.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I purchased and tried a new ink cartridge without success.  Suggestions on the next step I can try?  Thank you!

HP Recommended

@TME15,

Thank you for the update.

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I haven't seen a private message yet ...

HP Recommended

@TME15,

I have sent the private message again.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TME15,

Please follow the below steps to uninstall printer.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.