Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office jet 6830
Chrome OS
The printer will show as connected to the network but will not connect to the internet and I cannot see it connected through through the router interface.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Read my previous post first or you can try to set up Web Services using the printer control panel...

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Setup.
2. Touch Web Services Setup.
3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.

➡️NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart. You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up ePrint.

➡️NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the on- screen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network.

5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

:LightBulb:You can update your drivers, access this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers 

🛑If the printer is telling you there is no internet connection, it means that there is a setting on the router that the printer is having issues with. To resolve this click on the Wireless icon on the printer that looks like a radio tower. Now:

If you see a line that says Status: Not Connected, the printer is not connected to a wireless network. Click on the gear and then Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to a network.

If the printer's IP Address starts with 169.254, the printer is not obtaining a proper IP Address from the router. Contact whoever provided you with the router for assistance with determining why the router is not providing addresses.

If the printer's IP Address starts with 172, the printer is connected to a guest network. Contact whoever provided you with the router for assistance with disabling the guest network.

If the printer's IP Address starts with 192.168 or 10, the printer is properly connected to a wireless network. Please see below.

If the printer's IP Address starts with any other numbers, the network is being maintained. Contact whoever maintains the network for assistance.

➡️Once the above is checked, if you are still unable to enable web services then:

1. In your browser's address bar, type in the IP Address as it appears on the printer.
  2. Click on the Network tab.
  3. Click on Networking on the left.
  4. Under Networking you should see an option with a name similar to Network Protocols. Click on that.
  5. Click on Enable IPv4 Only on the right.
  6. Click on Apply.
  7. Under Networking you should see an option with a name similar to Network Address (IP). Click on that.
  8. On the right, select Manual IP Address.
  9. Next to IP Address enter the IP Address as it appears on the printer.
  10. Next to Subnet Mask enter 255 255 255 0.
  11. Next to Default Gateway enter the first three numbers in the IP Address as it appears on the printer. In the fourth box enter 1.
  12. Click on Apply.
  13. Turn the printer off for one minute and power on again.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @MH6393,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with connecting your Officejet 6830 e-All-in-One-Printer to web services. I can help you with that.

To enable web services:

1. On the printer click on the Web Services icon in the bottom left corner of the display.
  2. Click on Setup or Accept.
  3. Click on Yes.

Please let me know if this allows you to enable web services. If it does not, please let me know what web services you are trying to enable as well as what happened while following the above and I will be able to assist you further. If everything is great, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended
When I try and services up Web services it tells me that there is no Internet connection even though the lan or wireless settings so a good connection.
HP Recommended

Read my previous post first or you can try to set up Web Services using the printer control panel...

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Setup.
2. Touch Web Services Setup.
3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.

➡️NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart. You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up ePrint.

➡️NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the on- screen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network.

5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

:LightBulb:You can update your drivers, access this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers 

🛑If the printer is telling you there is no internet connection, it means that there is a setting on the router that the printer is having issues with. To resolve this click on the Wireless icon on the printer that looks like a radio tower. Now:

If you see a line that says Status: Not Connected, the printer is not connected to a wireless network. Click on the gear and then Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to a network.

If the printer's IP Address starts with 169.254, the printer is not obtaining a proper IP Address from the router. Contact whoever provided you with the router for assistance with determining why the router is not providing addresses.

If the printer's IP Address starts with 172, the printer is connected to a guest network. Contact whoever provided you with the router for assistance with disabling the guest network.

If the printer's IP Address starts with 192.168 or 10, the printer is properly connected to a wireless network. Please see below.

If the printer's IP Address starts with any other numbers, the network is being maintained. Contact whoever maintains the network for assistance.

➡️Once the above is checked, if you are still unable to enable web services then:

1. In your browser's address bar, type in the IP Address as it appears on the printer.
  2. Click on the Network tab.
  3. Click on Networking on the left.
  4. Under Networking you should see an option with a name similar to Network Protocols. Click on that.
  5. Click on Enable IPv4 Only on the right.
  6. Click on Apply.
  7. Under Networking you should see an option with a name similar to Network Address (IP). Click on that.
  8. On the right, select Manual IP Address.
  9. Next to IP Address enter the IP Address as it appears on the printer.
  10. Next to Subnet Mask enter 255 255 255 0.
  11. Next to Default Gateway enter the first three numbers in the IP Address as it appears on the printer. In the fourth box enter 1.
  12. Click on Apply.
  13. Turn the printer off for one minute and power on again.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Perfect answer, that was exactly what I needed. Thank you!!!

I had switched my router from the AT&T router to a Netgear router for greater range and I have a static IP address for my printer starting with 10.0 and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect to the internet when the local network was working fine.  It was the default gateway that needed to be changed since it was still on the old router settings.  Thanks again!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.