cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
worahm Tutor
Tutor
18 13 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer works but will not scan

6520 HP prinnter/scanner connected to computer with usb.  Printer will print but will not scan.  Not certain the scanning light it lit

Ran printer/scan doctor.  Stalls on drivers. 

Reloaded program, problem persist.

How do I determine if the scanner light is working?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12,123 11,815 1,191 2,671
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Are you able to do a Copy job successfully?

That would be the best way to determine if the scanner is working.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
worahm Tutor
Tutor
18 13 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply.

No, the scanner does not scan when I press the copy button on the printer.   The bar moves across the screen but the light is not lit.  After the bar arrives at the right side of the screen the light bar lights up and stay stationary.  

The same thing happens when I use my laptop which is connected to the printer wirelessly.

The small screen on the front of the printer displays "NOW SCANNING PAGE 1/1 and the blue circle will continue rotating  endlessly.  After several minutes, a blank page is ejected from the printer.

The printer works perfectly when I print a document directly from my computer. 

Guess it is time for a new printer.

Bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
12,123 11,815 1,191 2,671
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @worahm

Thanks for doing the short experiment on Copy.  Seems that the scanner is indeed defective from the description.

At least, we now know the problem.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation