Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPC6280

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro laptop computer and am trying to connect to a HPC6280 printer. Is this printer compatible with the MacBook Pro?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sherb12

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need help connecting the HP C6280 printer with a Macbook pro,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did you check for any HP Articles that has the solution you are looking for?

Did you restart the computer, printer, and router to establish a fresh connections?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try installing the HP software again.

• If the printer is found during the installation, the issue is resolved.

• If the printer is not found during the installation, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.

1. If you are using a wireless router, check your router’s documentation or support site to make sure it meets the following requirements:

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.