Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911a

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Firmware version: CKP1CN1545AR

Software version: 028.000.1315.000 Printer Driver version: 09.84.00.1173

The printer was service reset by a technician but now it is requesting SET UP cartridge to reinitialize the printhead, however this is not a new printer so those cartridges were consumed and discarded long time ago. We've being trying to find someone with those SET UP cartridge still in use but the cartridges are always "protected" so can not be use in our printer for printhead reinitialization. Please provide a solution to get the printer back in service. Thanks.

Please note that the printer was run a RESET thru the hidden support menu to re-establish manufacture parameters. My precise question is: how do we reinitialize the printhead if we do not have a SET UP cartridge?

Waiting for your reply.

Rgds.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I will send you a Private Message (PM) with information that should resolve your issue.  The envelope in the upper right will turn blue when you have a message, click on the envelope to open the PM system.  

For others that may be reading this: the sequences to enter the support menu opens up a number of options, some of which can damage the printer or render it unusable. See the post here for information.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.