Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have turned on/off the printer about 100 times.

I have unplugged for 60 seconds (both from printer AND from wall)

I have also unplugged for 5 minutes (both from printer AND from wall)

I have watched YouTube videos on how to clean the print head (this model doesn't allow you to replace the print head easily, I'm assuming an authorized dealer has to do that..can't find an Auth Dealer in my town 😞

I have TRIED to contact customer support and sent "Tweets" but no one answers!

I have cleaned the print heads with print-head cleaning solution.

I have installed NEW cartridges into the printhead. (Thanks, $75!)

STILL have error message.  I am 1 month out of my 1 year warranty!  This is infurriating!  HELP, PLEASE!  I think they design them to go bad just after the warranty period so you HAVE to buy a new one!  

I went to Office Depot to get a new one and they don't carry the wide format (11 x 17) printers any longer!  GRRRRrrrr!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @JanneZack

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer where you are getting a printhead missing error. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Recommend you perform a hard reset on your printer as suggested in this HP article

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for any service options available. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

do you have part number for this machine's carriage assembly? printhead has alreay been replaced but the problem is still present

Thanks!

HP Recommended
This did not help AT ALL. I have done everything suggested by the HP website to no avail.
HP Recommended
I do not have a part number. Thisnprint head was not designed to be replaced by the consumer. It is screwed in (and I'm supposed to take it to an AUTHORIZED HP repair shop to get it replaced. (We don't have one of those in my town. I'm 20 days out of warranty (well was when it quit working) and extremely frustrated with the poor design and downgrade of this model compared to the model I had for 3-4 years proor to this. The print head had to be removed and cleaned from time to time but it was removed with a spring loaded lever. Not so user friendly this model. I think HP did this on purpose just to sell more printers.

(Word to HP: NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME!)
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I do not have any part number for an assembly, most of the parts have part number mentioned on them itself. In some models, customers can replace the printhead on their own and on some printers it cannot be replaced by the customer and need to be sent to HP for service. Request you contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
If you work for HP why can't you tell me if you sell a new print head for the HP office jet wide format printer 7612? No need to talk to (and pay for) phone support when all I need is a new print head.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, service setup options are not available on forums. Request you contact our phone support for any parts or service options. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.