Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610

My Officejet Pro 8610 printer has started acting up. The print quality has tanked (horrible lines across all areas of colour printing) and it won't print on the right parts of the page (skinny margins at top, huge at bottom but with reverse problem on the back of the page). I have gone through all the sensible steps: cleaned & aligned printhead, calibrate linefeed and even replace inks and run these tasks again a few hours later. But still no luck. 

Looking at other people's similar problems, it looks to be a printhead problem. How would I go about sorting this?

My printer is in warranty (thank goodness) and has been behaving up until now!

would really appreciate a quick response; I am a PhD student and am relying on my printer for assignments!

many thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The margins issue sounds like issue with the driver.  The Officejet Pro 8610 is capable of printing close to the edges, 0.13" (3.3mm)  all around according to the paper handling specifications in the document here.  What paper size are you using?  If you are printing on A4 paper make sure the driver is not set to Letter size.  What operating system?   If you are using the built-in drivers it may help to download the driver from HP here.

What is the nature of the lines when printing in color?  Are there white lines through all the colors?  If so then it may help to reseat the printhead as discussed in solution two of the document here.  The troubleshooting steps in the document here may address other print quality issues.

If you need to contact HP support:  see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.