cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Wrikki
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printing 2-sided A4 flip-on-long-edge

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5646
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I press 'Print' after putting Double-sided printing and flip pages on long edge (using A4 paper), I get a dialog box that tells me I am using two or more print settings, and that this cannot be done - even though I am only using one print setting. (I didn't know it was possible to use two).

Also, in the preview pane, it shows page 1 by itself, and pages 2 and 3 together, instead of 1 and 2 together, and 3  and 4 together.

Please can you help. Do I need to alter the settings, and if so, how?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,612 31,320 2,874 10,510
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wrikki

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Which program are you using to submit the print job?

Some of the many things that can make the Preview look funny and / or cause the settings to balk:

• Invisible extra lines on a page
  • Missing a "Fit to Page" setting
  • Trying to select a Media type (kind of paper) that does not match the Size of Paper
  • Outdated Adobe Reader DC program

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)

In the case of the Media type versus Size of Paper, know that Media type Plain paper may work with "flip" and Media type Photo paper does not.

Lots of examples and setups...

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Sections, various - including:

• Preparation

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation