cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sestorka
Level 2
16 10 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Printing 3x4 ratio photos on 4" x 6" paper

HP Recommended

Many  digital cameras can take photos with aspect ratio 3x4 to match "traditional" computer displays.  When I try to print such a photo on my Photosmart Premium C309g, it scales up the width to 6" and the height to 4.5" and cuts off the top half inch when printing on 4"x6" paper.  I would like to print a photo of size 4" x 5.33" but the print software says the paper is the wrong size and terminates the operation.  The user inferface designer has confused paper size with photosize and changing one causes the other to change.  So how can I print photos of the size and aspect ration I want on 4"x6" paper (or any other size paper for that matter)?  At present my only reliable solution is to use a desk top publishing program to print on an A4 sheet.

System is Windows XP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fresh_Prints
Level 4
Level 4
102 102 4 8
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are trying to use the Windows photo viewing or HP software to print you will find that custom sizes don't always print as expected.

As you have posted unique sizes often have to be printed through a publishing or advanced photo manipulation software and often on A4 size paper. To minimize wasted paper I recommend a page layout that includes two or three images per page.

Please note I have a new account Print_Hint
(this one is no longer active)

Although I am an HP Support Engineer, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
PrintDoc
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,408 1,425 4,897
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What software are you using to print?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Fresh_Prints
Level 4
Level 4
102 102 4 8
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are trying to use the Windows photo viewing or HP software to print you will find that custom sizes don't always print as expected.

As you have posted unique sizes often have to be printed through a publishing or advanced photo manipulation software and often on A4 size paper. To minimize wasted paper I recommend a page layout that includes two or three images per page.

Please note I have a new account Print_Hint
(this one is no longer active)

Although I am an HP Support Engineer, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

sestorka
Author
Level 2
16 10 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Various including Adobe Photoshop Elements and Windows Picture Viewer.

Printing is much easier with an Epson printer on another PC, I can tell it the paper size and independently tell it the picture size and it works!  This HP printer is a pain.  As the other replier said, I have to use A4 and a desk publishing program.

sestorka
Author
Level 2
16 10 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like I am stuck with it.  But why on Earth doesn't HP realise that millions of people have 3x4 ratio photos and that A4 is a default also for millions of users.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation