cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gogetjeff
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

Printing - HP 8600 Officejet Pro - Can't cancel print job

HP Recommended

I have a print job stuck in queue. I've gone to control panel, pulled up printer, print jobs, highlighted print job, clicked Cancel, and it won't clear out. Have turned off computer, printer, disconnected power, modem, started over. Job still there and stuck in queue. Any suggestions how to clear it out. Can't print other jobs until it is cleared out.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DevRao
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 656
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and run HP Print and Scan Dr utility from link below.

www.hp.com/go/tools

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
gogetjeff
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the help. It worked.
0 Kudos
DevRao
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 656
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved, if solution is resolved mark this post as solution provided which makes it easier for others to check if same issue occurs.

0 Kudos
tomfrech
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do i cancel a print job? how do i find out what print jobs are in cue

0 Kudos
DevRao
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 656
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi tomfrech,

Is the above utility used?

0 Kudos
Bill65
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fine, I've downloaded the tool, while downloading. the printer is printing the cued job (over 200 pages), I click on cancel, the job cancels but it starts all over again in 30 seconds or less.  I've done this over and over and all it is doing is wasting ink and paper. 

0 Kudos
Pineneedle
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SAME has happened to me.  I press the cancel "x" and it appears to stop, but then starts printing ALL OVER AGAIN.  UGH!!!

0 Kudos
Chi3165
Level 2
6 4 0 6
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I downloaded the software, and all I got for my trouble was more shortcuts (in spite of the fact I unchecked stuff I didn't want HP to put on my computer), and the program still won't run.  Thoroughly disgusted with HP printer 8620 now.  Every single time I start my computer and try to print, it prints one document, gets hung up and won't delete and I cannot print any more documents.  Really ticked off.

0 Kudos
Chi3165
Level 2
6 4 0 6
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I have finally solved it WITHOUT using Dr. whatchamacallit.   This worked perfectly. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-remove-stuck-print-job-windows-10

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation