cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tricked my 6500E into printing the 6.5 x "10" cards by setting my options to A5 and "normal" ink output (versus best, draft, etc) This was the only way I could get it to work.  Hope it helps any of you out there!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 22 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMG, I could absolutely kiss you!!!!  I can't thank you enough for putting me on to this very simple solution.  I have been calling HP for YEARS about this problem and they keep trying to sell us new printers, but they never can guarantee the new printer will print my greeting card envelopes!  I mean really HP, how difficult can it be to come up with a solution to this problem?  I tried what the HP guy Bob said about going into control panel and that whole rigamarole, only to have it fail to work.  Then I figured I'd give your postcard solution a try and voila!!  IT WORKED!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  You have absolutely made my day!  Sorry I can't say the same for you HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Loved this suggestion. It worked wonderfully with the instructions given. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 24 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am trying to print half-fold envelopes from software--Hallmark and Nova Factory Explosion.

Spits envelope out and says "Paper mismatch".  I had this problem several years ago with another

HP printer and we finally found a solution, but I don't remember now what it was. Can you help?

Jean Griffith    {Personal Information Removed}

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 25 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brilliant work-around for an unbelievably boneheaded flaw in the printer. THANK YOU!! 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry but checking A5 envelope and checking "normal" ink still led to

the printer saying "paper mismatch".  Glad it has helped others though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The answer I saw on this site that worked for me (and I called it "Brilliant" and called HP "boneheaded" for building such an obvious flaw into their HP6500) was this:

Keep your regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper in the tray and place your 6 1/2 x 10 notecard paper on top of it, over to the right. I know you cannot slide the paper guide to the edge of the notecard, but my notecard paper is a heavy enough stock that it had enough inherent stability for the rollers pulling it through to keep it straight. And it printed perfectly. I printed 25 notecards right away. At first, just one at a time but then, after I was confident it worked, I printed six or so at a time.

Good luck. And my next printer will likely NOT be an HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 28 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could NEVER  print that type of envelope with my HP Printer.  When I borrowed a  Lexmark 3400 printer from my daughter it WOULD PRINT  the envelopes and using the Hallmark Greeting Card software ----- so   give up on HP and buy a Lexmark printer.   Or the programmers at HP could supply all those thousands of people who want to print this type of envelope with a fix for the  printer they make. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 29 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP has quit replying to this Half Card envelope problem.  I don't know WHY they just don't fix the printers to do this.  It would be a SIMPLE FIX!!!  Why they ignore this problem year after year with EVERY new printer is beyond me.  I've been a diehard HP fan for years, but this printer thing is really turning me OFF.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 30 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have successfully printed half fold greeting card envelopes on my hp Photosmart 6525 using the A5 paper size. It is slightly wider and slightly shorter so you have to be careful with the margins. I use Microsoft Publisher and create the envelope and use mail merge. You must use portrait mode and rotate the text and images.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation