Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

HI - I am having a problem printing 11 x 17 spreadsheets from Excel. It prints some but doesn't print the complicated spreadsheets, with lots of formulas? It just spits out a blank 11 x 17 piece of paper. Help! I'm depending on this printer for my business and I need this to work for me. 

Do you think it needs more ram? Can I buy more ram? 

Is there a work-around? I tried taking a screen shot of the spreadsheet and printing that or a pdf or that - and that works but a couple of them are bigger than my screen. 

Please help asap! I'm in a panic!

CLZ

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CLZ

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you're facing trouble while printing an 11x17 spreadsheet from Excel. The spreadsheet consists of a lot of formulas. The printer simply pushes the 11x17 inch sheet out without printing anything. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What version of Excel are you using?
  • Is the printer able to print other smaller Excel sheets?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found the following information that might help:

When you print a Microsoft Office Word 2007 document that contains an equation, the equation does not print, or the characters in the equation are not printed. 

This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:

• There is a bitmap on the same page as the equation.
  • The 2007 Microsoft Office system is installed on a Windows XP-based or Windows Server 2003-based computer.
  • The Complex Script support files are not installed.

To work around this issue, install the Complex Script support files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click
    Run
  • Type intl.cpl, and then click
    OK.
  • Click the Languages tab.
  • Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box.
  • When you receive the following message, click
    OK to close the message:

You chose to install the Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. This will require 10 MB or more of available disk space. The files will be installed after you click OK or Apply on the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

• Click OK to close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried selecting the required cells for printing? then opne the Print dialog and select to print teh selection only and check if that may help...

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks but yes, I tried that. Just a blank page comes up. 

HP Recommended

I'll check into Microsoft updates but I'm on a Mac so I can't use your instructions for the work around. Do you know how to do this on a MAC? Thanks very much - 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.