cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Hp deskjet 2542 all-in-one
iOS
Have bought this wireless printer and I have set it up to print from my iPhone, it will recognise printer and print from my notes or pictures but won't print my emails which is what I need it for. Anyone help me?

Thanks
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
675 631 42 98
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Hello @kamckeown67,

Welcome to the HP forums, and thanks for posting.

I'd like to help you with the issue you are having printing e-mail from your iPhone to your HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One printer.

What app are you using on your iPhone to view your e-mails? The Mail app should have the option to print. However, if you are using a proprietary app like Gmail then you may not have that option. If you are using the Mail app, are you getting an error when attempting to print?

Another option you can try on iOS, is to download the ePrint app. You can even put your e-mail information into the ePrint app and select print options from there.

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.

2. Type "HP ePrint" in the search bar.

3. Download the HP ePrint app.

4. Open the app, it should automatically detect the printer if the iPhone and printer are on the same network.

Hope this helps!!

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Just using iPhone mail app and the option is there to print and phone shows it sees printer but when I select print nothing happens.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
675 631 42 98
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Hello @kamckeown67,

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

It sounds like the issue may be with the Mail app on your iPhone (especially if it is printing from everywhere else).

Did you try installing the ePrint app and syncing your e-mail into that app, to see if it prints? That might be a good workaround in the meantime.

I would suggest checking for updates on your iPhone. You can use the steps here to check for any updates: Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Otherwise I would suggest contacting Apple Support to see if you can uninstall and re-install the Mail app on your iPhone.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

:cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Hi

tried eprint app can print some emails but one i want to print is a password protected pdf which this app says it does not support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
675 631 42 98
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Hi @kamckeown67,

Thanks for getting back to me, again. :cathappy:

Unfortunately, I don't beleive the ePrint app, or AirPrint would support a password protected file. They are not coded to support files with any type of encryption.

If you can save the file to your iPad first, then you may be able to print it?

Or, could you possibly have the sender resend you the e-mail with no password on the attachment?

Hope this helps!

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Going to try see if they will send it without password but probably unlikely, just silly I have password to open file and can view it but can't print it. Thanks anyway
0 Kudos
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Just something else I thought I'd mention. If I open this pdf on a pc I can print it through a plug in printer so how come it won't print from a phone wirelessly?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
675 631 42 98
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing emails

Hello @kamckeown67,

To answer your question simply; drivers and full programs.

The mobile app and Airprint function on your phone aren't programmed with all of the features and capabilites that a full printer driver on your computer has.

Any kind of encryption on a phone is going to prevent you from printing.

Your computer can understand permissions on an encrypted file. Having the software to decrypt the file (once the password has been entered) and a full printer driver makes all the difference.

Hope this helps!  :cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation