cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shimheric
Level 2
30 23 0 4
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Printing envelope from Word problem - HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro Premium

HP Recommended

Printing envelope using Word's envelope tool has been always a problem on HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro. 

Firmware: CLP1CN1304AR

Driver: 28.8

Connection: Wired network

Tray 1: Envelope #10

Tray 2: Letter

Word 2013

Before launching the envelope tool, I already change the media size to envelope #10 and single side printing in the printing settings of Word.

When I start to print the envelope in of the envelope tool, the printer just spits out the envelope without printing anything.  It actually "prints" double sided (regardless I set single side printing mentioned earlier) on the envelope although nothing is printed.  By the way, with the previous version of driver, the problem is that the printer will show paper mismatch error when the evenlope is half-way through.

If I manually compose the envelope via new document (just like composing any normal document), it will be printed properly (although it seems the margin cannot be set sufficiently low as it could be in the envelope tool.  Otherwise, part of sender's address wll be cut off).

Any idea?  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
IdaH
Level 3
Level 3
45 45 1 3
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First please verify that you are placing the envelopes in the tray correctly http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02890475

Then under the MS 2013 the url will give you an idea how to troubleshoot for printing issues. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826862

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Ida H
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
shimheric
Author
Level 2
30 23 0 4
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried those, problem is still there.  Actually I found nothing wrong in term of using the printer and software.  When one of my computers was still Windows XP, this functon actually works.  It does not work on all my Windows 7 / 8 computers.  Has anyone tried it at HP's side using wired or wireless network connection?

Bill4321
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium printer. It always works fine for everything except  envelopes. When I try to print from Word 2013, blank paper shoots out.

I have always bought HP printers, and had no problems printing envelopes using XP. Now I use Windows 7.

This problem is not being addressed.

We, the consumers, are not doing anything wrong. The problem is either Microsoft or HP.

I really wish someone would look into this, and provide a solution.

drewk1
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem.  I spoke to H-P support this afternoon, and for $49.00 they will give you a solution.  So, we can pay $49.00 so we can print envelops with their $200.00 printer!  Obsurd.

I believe one answer maybe using a driver from an H-P 6xxx series, but iI don't know exactly which model.  Does anyone have the answer?

Bill4321
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to print an envelope again today from my officejet 8500 premium. IT WORKED.

Recently I updated form MS Word 2013 to MS Word 2016.

Bill4321
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got my Officejet pro premium 8500 to print envelopes.

I have always had the program for the printer on my home screen.  It's a picture of a black printer with the title Officejet Pro 8500. I am going to be as explicit as I can to avoid any hardship on the reader.

Open the program just mentioned. On the top click Print, Scan & Fax. In the print section click Set Preferences. Click on Paper/quality. Under paper size, click the  arrow and choose your envelope size. I was printing a business envelope  so  I chose envelope #10. 

Then apply and close the program.

Open Word.  Open blank document. Choose Mailings on the top. On the far left click on envelopes.   Fill in your address and return address. Click on printing options.  Choose the correct feed method for your printer. For the 8500 the correct one is the second from the right icon. Move your edge brackets close to the middle and insert your envelope.  Click ok, click print. I always go back to the printer and slightly push the envelpe until the printer catches it.

When you are done printing envelopes, you will need to go back in to the printer program and change you paper/quality setting back to letter or whatever you want.

I'm using Windows 10 and Word 2016

rasz1
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, this worked.

JPBSR
5 3 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP 8630.  It has 2 trays, one for the paper and one for the envelopes.  It worked fine until Microbrains sent over its last update of WIndows.  Now, instead of using Tray 2 as instructed, it prints the envelope info on plain papaer in Tray 1.  How do I fix before I throw this printer out?

rasz1
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to change my default paper for the printer in order for word to print the envelope and then change it back.  Same issue as you, windows did an update and printing envelopes in word changed. I hope this helps.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation