The HP Community is here for you.
07-19-2013 02:38 AM
I have the HP Epring app installed on my Nook HD+ (not rooted). It works well enough when priting documents and such, but there is a problem with printing jpg and png files. My printer is an HP C7280, and my Nook access it via my WiFi. When I try to prints either a jpg or a png file the Eprint app wants to default to the 4x6 photo tray, rather than the main tray. I have no use for 4x6 photos and therefor that tray is never loaded. Is there a way to have my Nook / Eprint print to the main tray? I have entered the IP address of my printer into my browser and have set the default to the main tray, but Eprint ignores that completely and keeps trying to print to the empty 4x6 tray. If anyone has any suggestions I would indeed be grateful.
07-19-2013 03:14 AM
Based on the following information for ePrint app, it looks like you have to live with it:
Key Features & Benefits:
• Print from your smartphone or tablet locally over Wi-Fi, virtually anywhere via the Cloud to a web-connected HP ePrint printer, or directly to an HP wireless direct supported printer. 
• Print photos, PDFs, web pages, and Microsoft Office documents.
• Share and print documents, photos, or content from other Android apps with HP ePrint.
• Need to print while on the go? Locate and print securely to thousands of HP Public Print Locations worldwide. Locations such a FedEx Kinkos, UPS stores and many Airport Kiosks and VIP lounges. Let the app locate and find the closest print location for you.  
• Enhanced Print Job Control (ie variable photo sizes, number of copies, two-sided printing, etc.)
• Dedicated photo tray support. If your printer has a photo tray, it will be automatically selected for photo printing.
• Anywhere/Cloud printing: The HP ePrint app can print to any web-connected HP ePrint printer from virtually anywhere with just a few clicks.
Interested in scanning content to your phone? Install our companion app, HP Printer Control!
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
07-23-2013 09:16 AM
If you are using the HP ePrint app to print over wifi, you will need to set the paper size and try in the app itself. I was successful in doing this with my Nook HD+.
When you select the print option, you should get a settings option (top-right corner). Select settings and then press show more options and you should get what is shown in the image below.
Change the paper size to letter and it should print from the main tray. Setting any of the settings in the printer's EWS (embedded web server) will only apply when printing from a PC.
07-26-2013 11:32 AM - edited 07-26-2013 11:33 AM