Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Eny 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer is brand new. When I first installed it printing working perfectly via wireless but scanning had problems. I reinstalled the 'FUll' driver software package (which I thought I'd done originally anyway) and now scanning seems to work fine but printing does not. When I try to print a Word document I get a 'User intervention required' error message, with no helpful suggestions as to what that intervention might be. However, the printer happily prints test pages etc. from various troubleshooting windows that pop up. From this I gather that there is no connectivity issue, no ink cartridge issue and no paper tray issue. Presumably this means there is an issue with the Office printing software? Any thoughts on resolving this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Firstly, please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have just uninstalled an reinstalled the full software again. I also ran the hp doctor (again) from the link you provided. Nothing has changed. I still cannot print a Word document.

HP Recommended

The error message I keep getting is something along the lines that the printer 'has a problem that requires your intervention', but nowhere does it specify what the problem is.

In the document queue window there is nothing in the 'Status' column unless I right click and select 'Pause', which then shows up as the status. When I then select 'Resume' no status is shown again.

Having reinstalled the software and run the HP doctor several times I have also restarted the computer, printer and modem. I am still getting the same error message and no printing.

HP Recommended

I have tried the HP doctor, plus reinstalling the software etc. The Windows 10 troubleshooting app couldn't identify the problem.

HP Recommended

I finally got this problem sorted by working with the HP technicians during a chat session. The problem was that the wrong port was selected, which seemed to be a problem with the settings on my computer rather than the HP software.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.