Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I print envelopes on an Officejet Pro 8600?

HP Recommended

Using hp officejet pro 8600 to print envlopes, single/multiples

HP Recommended

How to pring a single envelope on an officejet Pro 8600?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have an 8600Plus.  I can print a single or a stack of envelopes from the stock tray.  I remove my paper media, and replace with the envelope (s) in the center of the tray.  There is an icon demonstrating the orientation of the envelope, that it should be leaf facing up (smooth side down) and "point" to the right. Make sure to move the arms in on each side to keep the stack (or single) nice and tight and reload the tray into the printer.  Then click print.  I create my envelopes in Word BTW, and have had no issues with seamless envelope printing using just the stock tray and #10 or 6 3/4 envelopes.  Hope this helps you!

HP Recommended

I bought the HP 8600 OfficeJet PRO because I wanted to go wireless.

What a Joke !   NO matter what I try it will not print envelopes.  I have one tray and change it for # 10 envelopes.

It shoots the envelopes out but will not print no matter what settings I change.

It is also supposed to print wireless from a Kindle HD 8.6 tablet.

This printer wastes so much of my time trying to play with its settings which don't ever work out.

HP - Are you ever going to send updated drivers or friendly user instructions ?

Printing envelopes should not be this difficult.  

I finally hand write envelopes for business letters. Non-Professional  dont you agree ?  

HP Recommended

@trying2likeHP, here are some simple easy to follow instructions.

Printing single envelopes on an Officejet Pro 8600
Go to the 8600 Printing preferences.
Select "Layout" then under "Print on Both Sides" select None, Apply that change if nessary..
Select "Paper/Quality" then under "Paper Size" select "Envelope #10", Apply that change.

Using Microsoft Office Word to print envelopes.
Select the envelope as centered in the paper tray and select the envelope #10 size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

we are not talking about setting up the tray. We just want to know why we cannot just feed the envelope from the top whenever we need to print one. You are talking about the tray, everybody knows that. thanks anyway

HP Recommended

@ConnieB, the 8600 does not have a single sheet feed feature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I know that.... we said would be nice to have it, that's all

HP Recommended

@ConnieB, I know of two consumer inkjet printers which have this feature, both Epson Workforce.

I use a Brother laser 2270DW which does have a single sheet feed. (69$)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.