Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,718 Views)

Printing taking forever.

HP officejet 5510 from Vista Operating System.  Suddenly is taking a long, long time to print a page, minutes between each line.

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 5 (1,705 Views)

Re: Printing taking forever.

This utility may offer some help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,691 Views)

I am having the same problem with an officejet J3680 - printing and copying taking a very long time (about 20 minutes to print one page).   The utility did not help. 

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (1,685 Views)

Thank you for responding but the Utility did not help. I also removed and re-loaded the printer software but no change. Specifically what’s happening is that it will take a few minutes for the printing to start and the cartridges will move across the page just once and rest at the other side. They stay in place for 15-60 seconds and then move back. It took four minutes to print out the Test Print from the HP Print and Scan Doctor which is only one line after I downloaded the utility!   What can be done to make the cartridge mechanism return to its old speed?

Professor
Message 5 of 5 (1,665 Views)

How fast is print when you make a copy right at the printer, not through the computer?

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation