cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
guest1231
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Printing to HP Printer From Lenovo Tab2 A10

HP Recommended
Lenovo Tab2 A10
Android 4.4 KitKat

I downloaded the HP Print Service Plugin onto the tablet. The app looks like it's installed but not running. I don't see any Printing options under Settings and can't see how to switch the app on.

I checked my HP printer and it is supposed to support the Android printing solution. If I open a doc and try to print it it doesn't list any printers and if I try and search for printers it apparently goes off searching and continues searching until I get fed up with it.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WyreNut
Level 15
16,344 14,617 1,045 2,046
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cgerge wrote:

Hi. I installed the ePrint app which I found was easier to use and completed the printing command.  Thanks!

You're quite welcome!  🙂

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

...and which HP printer are we discussing?

How is it connected to your network?  Wired or wireless?  Wireless to your router, or are you using Wireless Direct?

Have you tried using one of the other HP printing apps (ePrint or All In One Remote)?

WyreNut

Cgerge
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm going to jump in on this question as I am having the same problem. I have the same tablet and an HP Officejet 8100 printer (the printer is wired). The app found the printer and I was able to print a demo page and a test page, so I have printing capabilities. But when I have a document and select print I'm taken to a print options page with a print preview but no option to actually print.

Thanks.

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cgerge

Same questions:  You say it's "wired", but how?  USB to a computer?  Ethernet to a router?

Have you tried the other two apps I mentioned?

WyreNut

Cgerge
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I installed the ePrint app which I found was easier to use and completed the printing command.  Thanks!

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cgerge wrote:

You're quite welcome!  🙂

WyreNut

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation