cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gunda0101
2 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printing with shadow image

HP Recommended
P2015D
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Have been having issues for some time with a shadow image printing in the background of the actual image.  Tried manually cleaning printer, but no success.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
tonerspills
Level 7
665 654 53 116
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can you print an internal report from the printer and see if the shadow image is still there?

Probably a bad fuser- older printer and the fuser bearings wear out.

Demo page

The Demo page contains examples of text and graphics. To print the Demo page, press the Go

button when the printer Ready light is on and no other jobs are printing.

Configuration page

The Configuration page lists current settings and properties of the printer. It also contains a status

log report. You can print a Configuration page from the following locations:

Printer control panel. Press the Go button until the Ready and Error lights start blinking, and

then release the Go button.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
0 Kudos
Gunda0101
Author
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Shadow prints on both Demo and Configuration pages.
0 Kudos
tonerspills
Level 7
665 654 53 116
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have a spare toner, you can try that. Sometimes the extended life cartridges will fail a little earlier than expected, but generally you'll see toner just on the edges of the paper- not making a shadow.

I'm almost 99% certain this is going to be the fuser wearing out on this machine. After so many years, bearings can wear out or the fuser films just become so degraded or contaminated that they just wont fuse properly anymore. The heating elements can also get weaker, and that's probably why your seeing that shadow- as the paper goes through the fuser, not all of the toner will adhere to the paper and some will stay on the fuser- giving that shadow effect.

Probably more cost effective to just replace the printer with something like a M402.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation