cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Prints dull and dark

HP Recommended
Photosmart 8750
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have a awful trouble printing photos which was not an issue few months ago. Everything was fine untill my system found a drivers and all went bad from there. 

I recently switched to win 8 (now 10) and as i could not find a driver for new system i installed drivers from other model and it was working perfect.

But few weeks ago for some reasons my windows found a drivers for my phtosmart 8750 and since then my photos are nothing like what i have on my screen. They are dark, cold and not vivid. I have tried every colour profile in my pc and nothing is changing. I lost tones of ink and paper (ink that for some reason has been discontinued!) and i am left cluelees - cant find anything to fix this or at least improve a bit... 

I would appreciate any help 

Many Thanks

Michael  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,639
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mielag,

I see that you are having issues printing properly now on the Windows 10. I would like to help you.

Since Windows 10 is still in Beta, the HP drivers won't be available until the full release.

You can always do a system restore back to before this issue started. How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC.

Select Restore your PC to an earlier point in time.

If you are still having issues, I would suggest to try a Generic driver.

• Go to the start up screen. (tiles menu)
  • Type in "Devices and Printers", select settings, click on Devices and Printers.
  • Click on Add Printer and follow the steps.
  • Select the HP Photosmart PCL3 Class Driver from the list.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gemini02

thanks for your reply however it doesnt solve the problem.

Issues started in Win8. I couldn`t find drivers for 8750 and i used drivers from 7520. Everthing was working ok/perfect.

Then couple of weeks ago my system (still Win8) discovered the right drivers for my printer (not sure how did that happened - i turned on pc in the morning and i got the message "new device found"). Since then the colours are in total mess.

Now i used your other suggestion (to instal drivers from PCL3 ) but still what is printed doesnt reflect what i have on my screen.

I have checked my digital images on other monitors and everywhere they look ok - so it cannot be issue with monitor calibration.

the only change i did was that i printed before on hp premium paper. now i have premium plus....  

Any other ideas?

Thanks Gemini02

Michal

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mielag,

Just to rule out a hardware issue, please try this document and let me know the results.

HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Series Printers - Troubleshooting Print Quality Problems with the Di...

Did you try the system restore?

Are you using the Windows 10 still on the computer?

Please let me know the results so I can better assist you. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gemini02

Thanks for your reply. 

My printer won`t print the dignostic page from Tap Test #0. When i press  the Select Photos () button nothing happens!? 

I dont really wont to restart my system yet as I will loose to many things. Can you please let me know how to get though the diagnostic page and will see where we are at... if this does not help i will look into restarting but would rather avoid that... 

Many Thanks Gemini02 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mielag,

What operating system is on the computer now? (Windows 10)

Here is a document for running the updates for installing the printer on Windows 8, I see that there wasn't any download drivers for that operating system either, you can try the same steps for Windows 10 to see if it may help. Since the Windows 10 is still in Beta, the updates for printer drivers may not be release yet.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Try the self test again. Most likely the print quality is being affected by the drivers being used for the printer.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation