cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Prints too dark

HP Recommended

I'm using the C309g-m printer.

I'm using an HP w2338h monitor calibrated with a Spider 2 Pro colorimiter.

I'm printing to HP advanced paper

I've tried printing to Ilford Galerie smooth pearl paper

I use the adobe 1998rgb color space in my editing.

I've tried printing from within Photoshop CS4 and having CS4 manage color

I've tried printing from within Photoshop CS4 and letting the C309g-m printer manage color

I've tried pringing from windows picture viewer and letting the C309g-m manage color

Prints always come out darker than on screen, losing detail in shadow areas.

Even the 'print preview' shows a darker image than the image that is still open either in windows viewr or CS4

Ideas?

-Todd-

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I have tried everything and it still does not work. I have even taken a different printer and connected it to this computer that color is fine, in fact very good but my C309g-m which I bought to print photos is very dark. If there are no responses to these postings I am going to return the unit under warranty.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation