Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (39,901 Views)

Pritner drivers (inf file and not an exe file for a Laserjet Pro 1606dn

Need a link for a print driver for Laserjet Pro 1606dn that has the win 32 bit and win 64 bit inf file(s) to be installed on a Windows 2008 print server and not an exe file like the HP site suggests running. Was told can't run it on their printer server - any links anybody?

thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (39,876 Views)

Re: Pritner drivers (inf file and not an exe file for a Laserjet Pro 1606dn

you may use a universal print driver instead

try this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4157320&...

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Regents Professor
Message 3 of 4 (39,870 Views)

frizzzdog wrote:

Need a link for a print driver for Laserjet Pro 1606dn that has the win 32 bit and win 64 bit inf file(s) to be installed on a Windows 2008 print server and not an exe file like the HP site suggests running. Was told can't run it on their printer server - any links anybody?

thanks,

Marc

I have just installed my HP LaserJet 1022n and all I had to do to get the .inf file was to extract it from the printer_driver.exe file. WinRAR is ok for the job. The exe drivers are packages like .zip or .rar so unpack it and get in there..Smiley Happy 

Dv6-7000 Debian Jessie
HP ProBook 640 Sabayon LInux
HP Touchpad provided by HP

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Student
Message 4 of 4 (37,122 Views)

I followed this link, and I was still unable to extract an .inf file. I am attempting to add a second driver to a HP1606dn over a WAN. I have even tried using a universal print driver with no luck. Any help here would be very appreciated as I am running out of ideas.

Thanks

BTW my screen name mean Your Company Computer Guy, LOL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation