Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My printer was working great, now I keep getting error message.  I have uninstalled driver, reinstalled; reset printer by unplugging and plugging back into outlet.  I have researched problem and can not find any answers.  "HELP"

Paper too long to auto-duplex.

If you want to duplex this size paper you can manually duplex it by selecting "manual duplex" or "print odd pages" even pages" in your software application or print driver (if supported).

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What size paper are you using?  The Officejet Pro 8630 can automatically duplex up to Letter or A4 size paper, it does not support duplexing Legal size. See the specifications here.

Paper size
Tray 1
Tray 2
Duplexer
ADF
U.S. Letter: 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
U.S. Legal: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 inches)

A4: 210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
216 x 330 mm (8.5 x 13.0 inches)

U.S. Executive: 184 x 267 mm (7.25 x 10.5 inches)

U.S. Statement: 140 x 216 mm (5.5 x 8.5 inches)

B5 (JIS): 182 x 257 mm (7.17 x 10.12 inches)

A5: 148 x 210 mm; (5.8 x 8.3 inches)

152 x 203 mm (6.0 x 8.0 inches)*

U.S. Government*

Borderless A4: 210 x 297 mm; (8.3 x 11.7 inches)

Borderless A5: 148 x 210 mm; (5.8 x 8.3 inches)

Borderless B5 (JIS): 176 x 250 mm; (6.9 x 9.8 inches)

If you are using a paper size that is supported (and used to work, but does not now) you might try cleaning the rollers as shown in step three of the document here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

This did not work.

HP Recommended

I did not have a p[rint problem until the last update with Microsoft.

HP Recommended

What size paper are you using?  Have there been any shifts in the margins - does the top of the page start printing where it should?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Nothing has changed from April 16th, there was an update from Microsoft and ever since the printing changed.

HP Recommended

Could you confirm the printer model?  The Officejet Pro 8630 is not listed as suporting Legal size duplexing, the Officejet Pro 8730 does support legal size duplexing.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.