Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rksc Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem installing HP printer driver on new Dell Latitude E5570

Latitude E5570
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying to install the wireless printer drivers for my HP PhotoSmart C410a printer to my new Dell Latitude E5570 for the last 4 days.  After the drivers download, the installation is stopped with the following message from HP:

"This computer does not have the necessary USB software/hardware support to allow completion of a USB installation. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved. Required Action: In order to install this device as a USB device, please refer to your computer documentation or USB add-in card documentation."

Note when I plug in the printer to my Latitude's USB port, the correct USB software installed and I am able to print okay, but when unplugged, not the case.  I have tried the HP Print and Scan doctor, it recognizes that the wireless printer drivers are not installed, but I get the same message above when trying to install.  I also tried disabling my Windows firewall to install the printer drivers, but received the same message.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5028 401 676
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem installing HP printer driver on new Dell Latitude E5570

Hey @rksc,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with installing your Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer on your Windows 7 PC. I can help you with that.

To start, run the Microsoft tool found by clicking on this link.

Please let me know the results after running the above. If you can install, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation