cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pbeachiii
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Problem scanning with HP Officejet 5610 All in one

I am having issues with scanning documents.  

Computer is Mac operting OSx Version 10.8.5.

I use to be able to scan only documents that were placed on the glass and then I would press the "scan" button on the printer and the document would scan to my desk top.  I could not scan multiple pages by feeding them into the top of the printer.  That was with my old Mac operating system.

Recently, I had the SW on my MAC updated to OSx.  Now I can go into the printer settings and scan multiple pages provided I have a document in the top feeder.  But I cannot put a single item on the glass and press scan.  The error message I get is "no scan options.  Refer to device documentation to trobuleshoot.  Press ok."

Any help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi pbeachiii,

I'm sorry to tell you that HP only provides the basic scan driver support for your product on Mavericks.  This solution doesn't provide support for the scan button on the printer.

You can ensure the best experience with your product by accepting Apple Software Updates so that you have the latest available print and scan drivers. 

Use the Image Capture, or Preview applications to start scans from your Mac.  With either of these applications you should have the ability to scan from either the scanner glass, or from the document feeder.  You just need to specify the source for the scan as a setting in the scanning software.

Hope this helps, 

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

pbeachiii
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Worked like a charm. Had to open Image Capture and that works the scanner from the glass.  Thx!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation