Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
cartridge 564 blank
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed a new black ink cartridge 564 in my Photosmart 6525 printer.  When I removed the protective plastic wrapper, it loosened the top part of the ID sticker from the plastic housing.  The printer will not print black, although the other new cartridges work perfectly.  Is that why it doesn't work?  Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @C-9 - Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!-

I understand that your Photosmart printer is not printing in black ink. Do not worry, I'm here to help 🙂

First off, I do not think the cartridge is faulty because of the loose sticker. The sticker has nothing to do with the cartridge mechanism. that sais, it could be a defective cartridge as well.

I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned here to fix this issue: http://hp.care/2dW3806

Start with step 9 and 10.

If the issue still persists, then the issue could be with the printer cartridge. Try with an alternate black cartridge to further isolate the issue.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  The Print Quality Diagnostic shows a white block where the black should be, and I used the old, used cartridge and got the same results.  That suggests to me that there is something wrong with the printer?  How do I fix it?

HP Recommended

Hello, @C-9

Did you try the steps listed in that document? Especially try to perform a clean print head as suggested in step 10.

If that does not help, the issue could be with the printer hardware. Please contact the HP phone support for further assistance with the printer service.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.