Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,981 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems Receiving Faxes (HP Photosmart 7520)

I recently purchased a HP Photosmart 7520 -eAll-in-one printer. I am able to send faxes but am unable to receive them. When I am receiving a fax, this error message appears "Receive Failed". I have connected the printer from the port "1-LINE"  to my wall socket for the telephone service and have used a splitter to connect to my home telephone as well. 

When receiving a fax, do I answer the call from the printer or the home telephone?

What can I do to receive faxes correctly?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Problems Receiving Faxes (HP Photosmart 7520)

Hi nishalj,

If the fax gets to your fax machine before it fails, this narrows the possible causes.

Try this link.  Do steps 1 and 2, and then skip down to step 6.  The document is written for an older model Photosmart so the steps might be a little different but you should be able to follow the document.

Pay special attention to the length of the phone cord and any splitters.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01633010

View solution in context
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 4 (2,941 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi nishalj,

It sounds like you have the printer connected correctly.  I would recommend not using a splitter.  Those can cause problems sometimes.  You can connect a telephone to the printer by using Ext 2.

Can you run a fax test and let me know the results?  If everything passes, there will be a report at the bottom of the fax test results.  The report will list the settings for the printer.  Can you give me all the settings.  An example would be:

Country        USA

Language     English

I will need both columns of information.  For help on how to run the fax test, see the following link.  Click Here 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
PhD Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,931 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi nishalj,

If the fax gets to your fax machine before it fails, this narrows the possible causes.

Try this link.  Do steps 1 and 2, and then skip down to step 6.  The document is written for an older model Photosmart so the steps might be a little different but you should be able to follow the document.

Pay special attention to the length of the phone cord and any splitters.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01633010

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 4 (2,904 Views)

Hi nishalj,

Glad you were able to resolve your problem.  Let me know if I can do anything else to help.  Have a good day !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation