cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dannal
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problems installing Photosmart Plus B209a

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm having problems installing my HP Photosmart Plus B209a printer on a recently-acquired HP Laptop.  I have had the printer for a couple of years and it is functioning properly with a number of other devices in the house.

Every time I try to install the printer it gets almost the whole way through the process before I get an error message telling me that there was a fatal error during installation.  I can view details of the error but I don't seem to be able to save an error log.  I have however taken a screen print of the details which I will attempt to attach to this post.

The system then downloads a 'solution' to my desktop which I follow to the letter before I get almost to the end of the installation process before, once more I get the fatal error message.

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Help!

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 16,625 1,042 2,597
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dannal

I understand you are unable to install the printer. You are getting a fatal error during the install.

I will be happy to assist you with this.

I have included a document for Fatal Errors to follow.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266980

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dannal
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks. I'll try this tomorrow.

Dave
dannal
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I followed the links, couldn't find the relevant error message and ended up being directed to the HP printer set up wizard which told me it was all set up properly.  I printed a test page and it worked and it all now seems to be wroking properly.  No idea how but thanks for your help.

Dave

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation