Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (552 Views)

Problems with New Scanner HP Deskjet 4500

Just bought a new all in one HP Deskjet 4500.

Installed with Windows 7 64 bit.

Scanning isnt working.

Says "No scan options - refer to device documentation".

I have not found any documentation to remedy this.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 7 (537 Views)

Re: Problems with New Scanner HP Deskjet 4500

i am having the same issue and cannot figure it out

Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (528 Views)

I am having the same issue though I am using Windows XP.  I am using a WiFi connection.  Do I need a USB connection to scan?  If so, how will this affect my WiFi setup?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (500 Views)

After way too much trouble, and learning that this is a common problem, I found a fix... not ideal, but does the trick. Go to google and type the message below... the instructions are straight forward and worked in about 30 seconds. Good luck.

A 'No Scan Options' or 'Scan settings are not set' Message Displays on the All-in-One

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (490 Views)

I believe my problem was due to inadequate product documentation.  Once I opened the HP Solution Center I stumbled onto the solution.  The Deskjet is working properly, but I would have had much less frustration and stress if the product had included a user friendly user manual.  I still do not know why the Scan button has this beside it: Scan (USB only).  Where is the documentation?

Tutor
Message 6 of 7 (260 Views)

Scan on my deskjet 4500 still doesn't work. Uninstalled software. Reinstalled from CD that came with product and it still doesn't work. - WHY CAN'T HP PROVIDE A WORKING SCAN PRODUCT? It is not that hard, mybe they should hire some outside help to gt them into the 21st century!!

Error code: 8[(4,-2147221005,0)]

PLEASe tell me that you can provide scan services for you "all-in-one" printers!!

Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (202 Views)

This did not help me. I did the first two steps to no avail. Eventually, I tried to download the HP Print Doctor but my guess is that it was not a file that was compatible with my Mac.

I will post a separate question asking for help with the scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation