cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 1 of 49
Flag Post

Solved!

Quick Fix For Most eFax Issues (Photosmart 7510 & Envy 110/114)

HP Recommended

Issues Resolved By Fix:

• Can't Send eFaxes
  • Can't Receive eFaxes
  • Can't Login to eFax on the front panel of the printer.
  • Can't Register eFax on the front panel of the printer.
  • When trying to access eFax, it says that the printer is not connected wirelessly. 
  • When trying to access eFax, it asks that you enable web services before continuing. 

The Fix:

First, press the ePrint button in the top left hand corner of the screen on your printer to access the Web Services menu.

Once there, press the “Settings” button.

If ePrint is turned on, turn it off and then back on. Press the return button and then press “Print Report”.

If ePrint is turned off, turn it on. Press the return button and then press “Print Report”.

These steps might sound strange since the issue is with eFax, but eFax works on the printer through the ePrint service.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 2 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If this fix does not work for any of the issues listed above, the issue is probably related to something else. Let me know in this thread what issue you are having and I'll do everything I can to get everything working for you. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I REALLY appreciate your help.  Your fix worked and relieved a lot of frustration.  I have HP everything (Printer, lap-top, desk tops)  and was upset there wasn't an obvious "contact" option in the support web-site.  I knew if I was allowed to describe the problem, a bright person like you would respond.

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Many thanks for above, it worked for me on my 7510.
Best regards
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 2
Message 5 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
please can you help i purchased a hp photosmart 7510 however i cannot get efax to work i have registered on the printer panel, have eprint setup and working fine but efax will not send or receive, i am entitled to 20 free faxes with this printer. i have contacted various departments and no one can help me. i have tried setting up a static ip and changed dns settings but still no luck. Ii have changed the email address of printer in the past but there was no difference as such i have just restored everything to factory settings.. please help i am at my wits end have had a replacement printer sent but no difference. I have tried doing ur quick fix but again no difference. I am on BT as my IP, and have a home hub 3 as my router. when I send a fax it says it's received at the efax centre, but when I look in status it just says busy/retrying.. anyone that try's to fax to me gets a failure message.
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 6 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paulsavo, 

This issue sounds like it is on eFax's end. The fact that when you are sending it and it is being received at eFax and showing up in the eFax center, means that everything is working fine on the printer. The job is leaving the printer and hitting their servers. The issue is that once it is at their server, it's getting stuck. The same goes for when you are recieving, I believe that it is hitting their server, but their server is not sending it to your printer. I have a few options for you.

You could get in touch with eFax and have your account deleted and try to create a new one.

or

You could log out of your eFax account and create a new one with an alternate email address.

Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 2
Message 7 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
have deleted efax account and setup multiple new ones with different e-mails but still the same, i agree that possibly something with efax and the free hp account, however i have phoned efax and e-mail them and contacted through their site but keep getting same response that i have a hp efax account and that they will not provide customer service that the fault lies with hp
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

does not work- cannot sync email address cannot send faxes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 9 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

justinb, 

Are you able to sign into eFax on your printer?

Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 10 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kyle:

Here's my issue (It's one of the ones suggested by the original "Solved" response:

• I cannot login to the eFax service.

I CAN, using the exact same fax number and the exact same PIN, log on from any computer, my iPhone, my iPod, etc. etc, time after time all day long without fail.

Let me be completely clear... this used to work just fine.  Used it a lot.  None of my eFax information has changed at all.  Suddenly it stopped working.  It was around the time of the last system update applied at the control panel.  I can't fax any more, because it can't log into the eFax system.    I have tried several times now to turn off/on ePrint.  I have even tried twice to remove web services and reinstall them (again, from the touch screen).  When I try to login to the eFax service from the touchscreen, I get the message:

photo.JPG 

Sporadically, when I have attempted, I will get prompted that ePrint is not enabled, and would I like to enable it.  However, if I go look at the settings, either through the settings on the touch screen or by entering the printer's IP on the address bar in my browser, the setting shows as already "On".  If I agree to the prompt to enable ePrint, then go back to the settings, it is now off.  I turn it back on and try again, and sometimes it repeats, sometimes it does not.  I would rate the chances of being erroneously instructed to enable ePrint at about 20% of the time.  It is really quite random and sometimes it will happen 2-3 times in a row. 

Also seemingly randomly, every computer configured to use the printer with "Scan to Computer" installed on my wireless network will receive a system tray alert indicating that Scan to computer is currently unavailable.

It really is quite frustrating.  Everything worked perfectly during the first 2-3 months after purchase (if you know of a failing cluster of printers sold at Fry's in North Austin, TX, I'm apparently one of them; NOTE I am not saying there is one, just don't know if you track such things).  I replaced a C309 printer  (I think it was a Photosmart 5510  or 5150 or something like that) that had served faithfully until the wireless card went out years after purchase.  About 6-7 months after the wireless died, the printer lost its mind and would start repeatedly chiming after performing a job (but I'm not here to talk about my previous faithful printer).

If it helps, here is a bit of configuration information for you: 

• I use a DLink cable modem at home, connected to a NetGear N750 (WNDR4000) wireless router.
  • The printer is not connected to anything but the WiFi and the 110V supply in the wall.
  • The WiFi segment I am using for this printer is running on a 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n configuration with WPA2-PSK[AES] encryption activated.  It does beacon broadcast the SSID uses automatic channel selection and is set for the "Up to 300Mbps" mode.
  • The WiFi IS configured to use DHCP, but will only allow known MACs onto this segment.  Each device, including the printer, has a reserved IP assigned, so even though the printer's IP lease may expire, or if the printer is turned off for hours, days, weeks or months, it is always guaranteed to renew to the same IP when it does reconnect.
  • I have assigned the same unique host name for the printer both in the Router configuration and the printer settings accessible via browsing to the printer IP from my browser.
  • The printer IS in fact able to access the internet.  ePrint works fine,  as do other apps already installed on the printer.  I can print via both bluetooth and WiFi directly to the printer while connected to the wireless LAN.
  • The network configuration report generated by the printer is set for WPA-PSK authentication with "automatic" encryption detection
  • The wireless connection is set to infrastructure comm mode
  • The gateway and DNS IPs correctly report as the wireless router IP and a mask of 255.255.255.0 is specified.
  • Additional settings reported:  Port 9100: enabled; Bonjour: enabled; SLP: enabled; WS Discovery: enabled; WS Print: enabled; IPP: enabled
  • 5 802.11 networks are detected, one is the segment it connects to, another is my isolated guest WiFi segment, and three others that belong to neighbors that also have WiFi.  One thing I do see here is that all but one of them is using Channel 6.  One is using WEP while the remaining use WPA-PSK.  The signal strength of my two segments is listed as -40 and -42 (dB?) respectively, the remainder all have much lower signal levels (between -65 and -87).
  • The wireless test report generator on the printer reports all tests pass and that the signal quality is excellent
  • No other networks in range match my network SSID

I have noticed, that even though I have removed the other email addresses that were previously used by the printer, I cannot use them anymore.  Since I have reinstalled web services on the printer twice, my email address on the printer is now {name}2@hpeprint.com... I'd really like to have the original back!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation