cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 11 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

E U R E K A !

Solved it by tinkering.  Go to eFax.  Login.  Go to Account Preferences.

About half way down the page, you will see this setting (my address redacted)...

photo.JPG

Mine had 5 listings initially, my home email that I used to signup, the original generated printer email address, my first custom printer address, the second generated printer email address, and my second custom printer address.  The current ePrint address for the printer was not listed.  I removed all but my home email, and then added the current ePrint address for the printer.  Saved.

Went back to the printer and the eFax login worked on the first try.  Just like it used to when it was new.  Apparently, eFax has a limit of 5 receive email addresses, and I am not sure if they will look at more than one hpeprint address or not, but frankly, there was no need to have the others in there anyway so I figured what the heck...

Now, my personal opinion... The problem IS on the eFax side.  BUT, HP CAUSED the problem by feeding those addresses over to eFax in the first place.  Don't know what the programming interface into eFax is like, but if there is a delete address web service call, y'all need to use it :-).  If there isn't, well, what can you do?

Now, let's talk about my bounty for tracking this one down? LOL

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!  I have worked most of the night on this and I finally got to log in!  You are the gretest!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 13 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

eMGeek,

Nice catch! I did not know that eFax had a limit on recieving email addresses and didn't delete previous ePrint addresses from the system. I knew that when you changed it, it updated it with eFax. I though it replaced it originally, but apparently it just adds it to a list.  I'll pass along this great information. Thank you very much eMGeek!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 14 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My login for eFax indicates it is invalid.  I confirmed my login ingo w/eFax and it is good.  However I cannot use the eFax function on the printer since I can't get past the login point.  FYI - I have successfully the eFax until about a week ago - been struggling since then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 15 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you already tried all the steps listed in this thread?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 16 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 17 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are able to log in at the website and not on the printer and have tried all the steps in this thread, then more than likely it is an issue with your account. I was dealing with an issue similar the other day and I gave them my eFax information and they were able to log in, proving it wasn't actually an issue with the printer.

In that situation, your best bet is to contact eFax and have them delete your current account and then make a new one on the front of the printer. You could also just use an alternate email address and create a new account and see if that works. If none of that works for you, let me know and I'll get back with you with some more advanced steps that we can try. 

Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 18 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution worked - thank you very much - :generic:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 19 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have now tried 2 different e-mails and am not able to register.  The message indicates the e-mail is in use and I only created it last evening.  This is not fun.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 20 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

zsr,

Have you tried going to the eFax website and selecting "Forot Number?" and putting your email address in?

If you can't get your number that way, I would suggest giving eFax and call and having them delete the account associated with your email address. After that, you should be able to sign up with it on the front of the printer. 

Signature
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation