cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 21 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a fax number - that's not the problem.  I can log in successfully on the internet - can't do it from the screen in order to USE the feature on the printer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 22 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the "fix". I agree for somereason this works and that is all that matters. Thanks again- you saved many frustrating hours to try and get this to work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 23 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

zsr, 

It is still possible that it is an issue with the account. I have seen in the past where someone could not log in on the printer but they could log in on the website, and after doing all of the above steps, they were still not able to sign into eFax on the printer. At that point, we had to call eFax and have them delete the account. I believe all they need is the email you registered with and the eFax number. After they created a new account, they were able to log in.

If that still doesn't work for you, we do have another option. It's called a semi-full reset. Be advised that when doing a semi-full reset it will remove ePrint from your printer if you have already registered it and disconnect the printer from your network. All of that will need to be set back up after it has been performed. If you would like me to private message you the steps for that, reply back with the model of your printer and I'll send the steps to you. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 24 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay - eFax deleted my account.  I waited a day and tried to register.  Message on printer was that email in use.  So, I tried to login w/o registering and it said registration invalid.  I went to my personal email to talk with HP support and there was an email from eFax welcoming me! Tried the info on that email w/no success. Is there a correction or will I not be able to use the eFax function?  Getting frustrated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 25 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks - it works
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 26 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't understand.  I cannot use the eFax feature on the HP printer - did I misread "it works?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 27 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

zsr,

What kind of router are you using?

If you have tried all the troubleshooting in this thread and still unable to use eFax on your printer, something else is going on. There is a router out there issued by certain ISPs that was causing issues with some of our services not being able to connect. If you could give me the model and brand of the router, I might be able to find out a little bit more information.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 2 0 0
Message 28 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

KUDOS it worked....  I onoly wish this was on the trouble shooting page s this forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 29 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having a similar log-in problem on my printer. I can log-in on my computer, but pog-in on printer gives: The login entered is not valid.

I Go to eFax. Login., but I caanot see 'Account Preferences.' to acces 'this setting (my address redacted).'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 30 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I couldn't efax until I read this solution.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation