cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 31 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For me the solution was more drastic. I had to disable and re-enable not only e-print, but web services altogether (printer control panel).

I think you can find out if you are affected by this bug in this way: make sure web services and eprint are enabled. Then press the efax button. If you get a prompt to enable eprint, then you have hit the bug. You shouldn't be getting this, if eprint is already enabled.

The solution that worked for me was to disable web services through the settings menu, then re-enable it, and enable e-print as well. Next time I went to efax, there was no prompt, so I knew I was good to go.

Two other pieces of information:
a) If you register a new number, and the registration fails "due to network errors" (i.e. this bug), you probably have succeeded in the registration, and just need to recover your number and PIN from the efax site. Click login on the efax site, and then "Forgotten number", "Forgotten PIN" and your credentials will be sent to your registered email address.
b) If you are having trouble logging-in and believe you are NOT affected by this bug, try removing a prefix of your number when entering it on the printer dialog. In particular, my fax number started +3919..., and I had to enter 3919...

Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 32 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I finally called a help phone number for the "cloud" and he asked me print a report - then the e-fax feature was active and well????????

Thanks for all your input and patience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 33 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I originally had a problem with sending faxes (failure to be received at fax center) and after e-mailing the problem to e-fax they fixed it with a reply that the problem was with the fax numbers in my area!?  Didn't quite understand that but I did start being able to fax out.  However, someone tried to fax to me today and no luck.  I checked "my faxes-received" and reply was "no faxes received in last 30 days".  This is the first fax received since last problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 34 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am unable to connect to web services...it aske i confirm internet accessand try again...unsure what to do next...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 35 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mcasta,

Here is the first set of steps I would try, since they seem to resolve this issue half of the time.

• The first thing I would try in this situation is a network reboot.
  • First, disconnect the power cord from the back of your router. 
  • Next disconnect the power cord from either the back of the printer or the wall, without powering it off first. 
  • Wait about 30 seconds and reconnect the power cord to your router.
  • Wait about another 30 seconds and plug the printer back in. It should boot back up automatically, but if it doesn't go ahead and press the power button.
  • Once everything is back up and running, try to access ePrint or your Apps.

If those steps don't work for you, the next thing would be setting a Static IP & DNS for the printer. Before doing this, you want to print off a network configuration page. It varies from model to model, but it is usually found under the Wireless Settings or under Reports in the Setup menu. After you have that page, follow these steps.

Before you start, you will need a network configuration page with your current connection settings. To get this, press the wireless button on the front of your printer and then press "Print Info" or "Print Report". This will print off a network configuration page, which has information on it that we need to complete the next few steps.

• After you have that, we will need to access the printers Embedded Web Server (EWS). You can do so by entering the printers IP address (from the network configuration page) into your browsers address bar and pressing enter.
  • Once there, press the "Network" tab at the top of the page. From there you will want to click the "IPv4" button, located on the lef-hand side of the page. It will be there for WIreless and Wired, so make sure to click the one for you however you are connected. If you do not see "IPv4", you should see "Networking", press that and then press "Network Address(IP)".
  • Next, you will want to click the small round button next to "Manual IP Address" and then fill in the boxes for IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway, using the information found on the network configuration page.  
  • For the Primary or Preffered DNS Server, you will want to enter 8.8.8.8.
  • For the Secondary or Alternate DNS Server, you will want to enter 8.8.4.4.
  • Click apply and when the message pops up saying that the changes have been applied, press "OK". 
  • Press the power button on your printer, wait for it to fully power off and then press it again to power it back on.
  • After doing this, go ahead and try to enable ePrint again.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 36 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried doing all that was said in previous post (ie.turn eprint off and on, print report, etc). Still cannot efax. It says it sends it to the server but when I check, it says failed. How to fix, please?? I have two important documents that I need to fax tonight and I don't want to go to Staples!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 37 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Still not working! What else can I try???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 38 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When is HP going to provide an official, permanent fix to this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 39 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to send an efax I get this message usually:  your printer is not connected to a network.   I know this is not correct though because it is connected to my home network.  It has worked in the past when I lived in Florida, and have now moved to another state.  Bottom line is, it is connected to my network, and I have no problem printing or doing other tasks.  I have tried just about every suggestion here, and read all four pages worth, and can't seem to fix the problem. Any other suggestions that you may have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 40 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

efax on my 7510 has been working for quite awhile.  now it has stopped sending. message states that there is no connection; your printer is not connected to a network.  i have read many of the threads re this or similar issue.  i have gone to static ip - no go.  i have turned off, turned on eprint and printed settings - no go.  i have called efax but because this is a service via hp they will NOT assist.  i have powered off router, powered off printer - no go. i have even deleted web services and started all over again - no go.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation