Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer installed over 1 year on home network using WiFi connection. Windows 10 Pro. Started getting errors on printer queue when printing from PC. Can print with no problem from iPhone. Printer stand alone reports work. HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0 reports no error --- Still get ERROR - PRINTING on print queuewith no output. Must CANCEL from Queue. Other attached printers Work!

Have downloaded and reinstalled printer 4 times - No Joy.  Have Powered off, unplugged, powered Off router, etc. REMOVED printer from Printing Devices and ADDED back - No Joy

Assuming my last resort is to REBUILD A NEW WINDOWS 10 PRO --- just to get the KU$%SD*&IOUASHD printer to work!

Any Brilliant Suggestions out there?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @wimbre,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having difficulty printing as the print job is stuck in the queue. Don't worry as I have a few recommendations which should help you to resolve this issue,

From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter. 

Browse down to the print spooler service, right-click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button. 

Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

For more details, please go through the support document for - HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows) - Click here

If the issue persists, let's try to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on the link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  and install the full feature software for your printer.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

NB: Make sure the print spooler service is started and the startup type is "automatic".

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed your suggestions step-by-step twice with no resolution. Have spent 5 hours today on the problem. I am currently in process of re-building Win-10 Pro to a CLEAN install. Will install the printer again and re-attempt resolution. Background - initial problem occurred 8-10 days ago following a McAFEE VIRUS Warning that placed the spooler in Quarantine. I have two printers on the system, one attached via USB - it continued to work, thus I eliminated the spooler issue. One may assume that to be the initial issue. Ran several Antimalware products, Windows sfc /scannow, etc. with no errors noted.

About ready to give it up!

wimbre 

HP Recommended

Hi @wimbre,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jeet_singh
I am not sure what you are asking? looking back at prior communication:
Day-03
04-03-17 03:42PM from you - "Your suggestions for Resolution to problem"

Day-04
04-04-17 03:37PM my response "Results of testing - Repeatedly"

04-04-17 03:48PM from you 11 minutes later

"Thank you for the replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,"

my Response:

Unless you want screen shots (which I have) or an error log (not sure if Spooler produces one). I do not understand what steps/results you are looking for?

Without further suggestions - I assume the issue is Closed with no resolution

Wimbre

HP Recommended

Hi @wimbre,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to perform the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2oFm0Fn

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your Suggestions -

I have basically performed these steps several times from the prior emails. With No JOY! Since this issue is now 5-6 days  old, I am now in process of rebuilding my Win-10 system from a CLEAN INSTALL. Should be finished by evening after reinstalling all of my apps with restored data. 

A lot of trouble just to get the printer to work. Bye the way --- It Does Work Now following the CLEAN INSTALL.  I no longer have the time to chase the issue down another Rabbit Hole.

wimbre

HP Recommended

Hi @wimbre,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

Please finish the windows installation and check.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.