Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I believe that I have the same problem. Can you please send me the information to reset my hp 8730 too?

Many thanks

Janice

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @jebostoncanuck, Hope you are well!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I understand you need to reset your printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, I purchased this printer brand new and the same thing occurs asking to sign in and i never had to create a password is there a standard password that the printer comes with i dont see it in any of the dcumentation?? this is rather stupid to send a printer out with no notification of the standard password or even having one set up without the customers knowledge.

HP Recommended

Hello, @DerekMcK – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for engaging in HP Support Forums. I am glad to be of your assistance!

I understand your printer is asking for an administrator password. Is the printer connected to the network already? If so, let’s try to fix the issue by following the steps mentioned below:

All you have to do is RESTORE NETWORK DEFAULT settings on the front control panel - follow this path on the front panel of your 8730 Wireless: Setup Menu> Network> Restore Network defaults, this will reset them to default

1) password access requirement is turned OFF

2) username default is ADMIN

3) password is BLANK

If the issue persists, then we will have to completely reset the printer. I am sending you a private message to perform the reset on your printer. Please click on the mailbox icon at the top-right corner to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello, @DerekMcK

Try accessing the EWS page of the printer using a different browser. Try Internet Explorer if you were using Google chrome and vice versa.

That's all I got at the moment. I'd suggest you contact the HP phone support to get further clarity on this issue.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Dear HP Support,

I have the same issue with Admin password has locked me out.

Please inbox me the procedure to unlock.

Thanks & Regards..

HP Recommended

A previous employee set the passwords on 4 OfficeJet Pro 8730 MFP's. 

Please inbox me the same factory reset procedure for these printers.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@johnlinthicum

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to reset the printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi I’m having the same issue. Please forward the solution at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.