Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer frequently has paper jams. I follow the instructions to remove the paper jam and it happens again. I've used different weights of paper, doesn't seem to make a difference. The suggestions offered here by a former HP mechanic did not even apply to this model so were certainly not helpful. Do any other users have suggestions? I'm thining it's time to give up on HP and look for a more reliable brand printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @janita,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with frequent paper jams on your HP OfficeJet 4500 printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

The following factors can cause paper jams:

• Paper loaded incorrectly in the paper tray.

• Damaged or dirty paper rollers.

• Torn, wrinkled, or damp paper loaded in the paper tray.

• The rear access door or two-sided printing accessory (duplexer) might not be closed or is not locked into place.

• Paper was added to a stack already in the tray while the HP product was printing.

• The tray contains more than one type of paper.

• The paper is jammed inside the HP product where you cannot see it.

• An obstruction is blocking the paper path.

• Torn pieces of paper from a previous jam are stuck in the product.

• The tray is too full.

• If printing on an envelope, the edges of the envelope are bent.

Please check for any obstructions inside the printer. 

Make sure the carriage can move freely.

If actual paper jam keeps recurring, see section on prevention below and recheck that all paper is cleared and rollers are in good condition.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - The Attention Light Flashes (Paper Jam) for HP Officejet 4500 (G510) Series and 4500 (K710) Series A...

If the issue persists, I would suggest you could try to perform a Semi-full reset on the printer. I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Programming Reset on your HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer. Once the Reset is complete you will have a nice clean slate to work with. Please refer to your Private Messages for further instructions.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Jeet_Singh for your response. I appreciate your trying to help. However the advice is not applicable to my printer, which is an HP Envy 4500 Series.

I had followed all the steps clearing paper etc. without finding anything, but the reset instructions were for another model altogether. You called it HP Office Jet Pro 8610, not the one I have and there is no number keyboard on it.

Since I can't find anything to correct I'm going to start researching for a new printer. Quite honestly I think my mistake was hoping to get a good printer, but spending too little, thus aquiring an inferior product. The paper jam problem has been there on and off almost since I bought it, but now it seems permanent.

HP Recommended

Hi! @janita, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the factory reset recommended is not applicable for your printer.

I have checked the records and I was unable to find factory reset for your printer. But I found semi full reset for your printer.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset for your printer is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if it helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.