cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lambda_user
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Re: HP 8610 poor scan quality (jpeg artefacts)

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem and I am sure it is a software problem, not hardware.

I just got an Officejet 7612, I run on MAC OS 10.10.5

The problem is, the scanner's software does a compression of the file even before saving it in an uncompressed format. The result is, we can see BAD JPG compression artifacts on uncompressed TIFF files. It doesn't matter if you scan  at 200 or 1200DPI.

The data dosen't go directly from the scanner to the final file without the unnecessary middlewares for smoothing and compressions, there is already a lost before saving.

The "uncompressed format" is a lie, this is a false statement in your settings.

Plus, the "High quality JPG compression setting" is far from High quality standard, at best it is equivalent to a 50% quality compression (in photoshop for instance, I just did the test). We shouldn't see JPG artifacts in a HIGH quality JPG compression, at least not that much.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation