Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 8600, which is setup with a wireless connection to my network, keeps going offline eventhough the printer says it is connected to my network. This has been a problem for the last two to three months.

I even paid HP to help me one time, but their fix did not work.

I have tried Scan Doctor and several other suggestions from HP and Microsoft. I am running Micosoft 10.

I am tired of this problem--it is a pain in where you know where!

HP should have an answer--maybe I should get an Epson or someother printer.

JHA02

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JHAJr

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 8600 printer. I understand that your printer shows offline even though it is connected and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Make sure the correct port is selected.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.