cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JHAJr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: HP Officejet 8600 Keeps Going Offline

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 8600, which is setup with a wireless connection to my network, keeps going offline eventhough the printer says it is connected to my network. This has been a problem for the last two to three months.

I even paid HP to help me one time, but their fix did not work.

I have tried Scan Doctor and several other suggestions from HP and Microsoft. I am running Micosoft 10.

I am tired of this problem--it is a pain in where you know where!

HP should have an answer--maybe I should get an Epson or someother printer.

JHA02

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,619 25,500 1,407 1,476
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JHAJr

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 8600 printer. I understand that your printer shows offline even though it is connected and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Make sure the correct port is selected.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation